shabby background

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Praise & Prayer

It was about a month ago when I forced Tim to go to our pcp for his stomach problems. If you know Tim you would know that he doesn’t go to the doctor and I had to beg him to go. I just had that ‘wife’s intuition’ and it was eating me up. He said he would go only because I didn’t need to be stressed out, being pregnant and all. Our pcp referred him to a gastroenterologist and he ended up getting a colonoscopy. After the procedure, the doctor told us that the visit that day saved his life, and if he hadn’t of had it done soon he would be dying of colon cancer. I couldn’t believe what I’d heard. I was so very thankful in a million different ways for God taking care of this problem. Tim ended up having a very large polyp removed that ended up being precancerous. It is actually very rare for someone Tim’s age (just 27) to have polyps at all. He will need to be re-screened once a year to check for growths. My praise is that the polyp was removed before it became cancer! I know that God was completely in control each step of the way. My prayer (and prayer request) is that everything will look good when he goes back for a follow-up sigmoidoscopy this Friday, Nov. 19th. My husband is the most amazing man and would never want to burden anyone else with his problems; that is why he didn’t even want me to share this initially. However, we also know that prayer is so incredibly powerful, and we should lift up prayers together & for each other.  Please pray for Tim this week, specifically Friday, that he would find comfort in knowing God is always in control.

Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God…”

Sincerely,
Shawna

No comments: