shabby background

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Three More Weeks

We have only three weeks left before we meet baby boy Finstad! We are so excited! My 36 week appointment went really well and my c-section is scheduled for January 12th. It seems like this pregnancy has went by pretty quickly. I guess that’s because taking care of a toddler has kept us super busy. Our little boy weighs in at 5 pounds 14 ounces. He is in the 35th percentile for size right now, and we are happy about that. They told us that babies with a single umbilical artery are typically a little smaller than average. But hey, he still has 3 weeks to go so I’m guessing he will be an average size baby boy. His heart rate at this last visit was 136 and that’s about where it’s been from the start. As for me I’m feeling alright most of the time. I fell on the ice a few weeks ago and ever since my back has been in bad shape and I’ve had trouble sleeping. It makes it very difficult to pick up Makayla (she weighs about 27 pounds!). Actually, Tim has been the one chasing her around and picking her up over the last few weeks. I am moving much slower. The ultrasound tech told me I looked like a cripple…whatever!  I am so glad Tim has picked up the slack…uh my fault of course….but hey I am taking care of our other child too ;-)

Oh and I can’t forget to mention that we went looking at Christmas lights last weekend. It was a lot of fun! Makayla has matured so much over the past year and she really enjoyed looking at the lights this year. She smiles and points at every house that is lit up. Goodness I cannot believe how much she has grown. MG is a very smart girl! She makes the days brighter and the evenings more fun; what a blessing. It’s going to be awesome watching Makayla be a terrific big sister. (Of course I think there will be a transition period J )

 ~ Shawna

No comments: