shabby background

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas Celebration 2010

Merry Christmas from the Finstad Family!
 Can you believe that we woke up to a white Christmas?! Awesome! Christmas Day was a spectacular time of creating life-long memories, family fellowship, and really good food! Miss Makayla decided to sleep in until about 8:30 on Christmas Day which was fine with me. That extra time gave me more time to whip up a yummy breakfast of pancakes and bacon along with a nice toasty cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee (for Mommy of course!). When I was a little girl we would wake up and open presents while still in our pj’s. Then we would eat breakfast a little later. I suppose that may happen in the future, but MG is still so young that she would rather fill that little tummy up first. And really her baby brother had food on his mind too…haha! So once breakfast was over we let Makayla open her presents. The first time she saw her dollhouse bookcase full of books and toys she gleamed…I mean ab♥so♥lute♥ly gleamed! And we will never forget the “OOOHS & AWES!” that she so happily proclaimed as she looked at her new gifts. Our baby Makayla Grace is growing up so quickly. It is truly a beautiful thing to watch a child grow and experience life. I thank God that I have such a wonderful husband and daughter. I am so excited to just think ahead of the new little miracle to come...our baby boy. Here are a few pictures from Christmas day. 


Love that smile of hers! and I love to see Tim smile at her. :-)


Later, we went to my parents house to exchange gifts and eat a delicious lunch. Mmm, just thinking about that sugar glazed ham, broccoli casserole, and homemade cheese ball makes my mouth water. I think I need to get that cheese ball recipe this week! Tim surprised me with a Nikon Coolpix camera! I had wanted a camera that would fit in my purse for awhile but we just haven’t been able to get it. I was okay with that because I already have a Nikon SLR which is awesome, but I am so excited to have a camera I can just grab out of my purse and snap a picture when I want to.  I got Tim a really nice jacket; he has needed one for awhile. Actually, I can’t remember Tim ever having a nice new jacket. He usually just wears a fleece or pullover. 
Tim rockin his new jacket.
Squeeze!
So we ended up staying at my parents house the rest of the afternoon. We headed home around dinner time and were happily exhausted from the day’s festivities. I read Makayla a bedtime Christmas story and later she drifted off to sleep in Tim’s arms.

The story of the birth of Jesus can be read in Luke 2:1-20. These are the same verses my dad would read to us when we were kids.

God Bless,
Shawna

No comments: