shabby background

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Monday Morning

It’s hard to believe that it’s already been 7 weeks since Jackson was born. Really, it seems like yesterday that Tim and I were driving on the snowy roads on the way to the hospital getting ready to meet our son. And here we are 7 weeks later and life is feeling very good. However, at this very moment I sit here at 4 A.M thinking about going back to work tomorrow leaving my 7 week old baby. You see, I know Makayla will be just fine because she absolutely adores her Nana but it’s going to really be hard to leave Jackson tomorrow…he is still so very young and a mom’s heart says to be with your child (well at least mine does). Tim and I have spent some time praying about the possibility of me staying home but the door just didn’t open and I still need to find peace with that. No one knows their children the way a mother and father do. No one knows my kids, Makayla and Jackson, the way Tim and I do. We have gotten on a routine, I’ve settled into my role as a mom of 2, and I really like it (even on the hard days I wouldn’t change it for anything!). My first prayer is that Makayla and Jackson adjust well to these changes over the next few weeks. I am not worried about MG because she knows her Nana very well, but I am a little worried about Jackson. He hasn’t really spent much time with anyone besides me and Tim. But I’m sure he will feel comfortable and loved by his Nana the same way MG does.  My other prayers: My kids will still feel my love even when I’m not with them, I will have strength to get through the first day without crying in front of anyone at work (especially my students), Tim and I will adjust well to me going back to work, I will have the energy I need to do all the things required of me at home and at work, and that I will feel rested and not stressed. So on Monday morning I will be counting down the days until summer vacation when I can be home with my children again.

Shawna

No comments: