shabby background

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sweetness!


Our blackberry plant has grown even larger this year! I just love the sweetness of blackberries, especially when they are perfectly ripe.  I like to go and look at the plants every few days. I just think it's so neat to watch something like an ordinary green plant become something so extraordinary.  

There are SO many of them! Yummy!

While I was outside admiring these berries I thought about the fruit God talks about; the fruit of the spirit. 

I like this picture because it shows several stages of the berry.

 

Galatians 5:22-23

22But the fruit of the [Holy] Spirit [the work which His presence within accomplishes] is love, joy (gladness), peace, patience (an even temper, forbearance), kindness, goodness (benevolence), faithfulness, 23Gentleness (meekness, humility), self-control (self-restraint, continence). Against such things there is no law [[a]that can bring a charge].

So as the ordinary plant became something extraordinary, God uses ordinary people to do live extraordinary lives. These fruits are what God uses to draw people to Himself through you. 

extraordinary 1. beyond what is usual, ordinary, regular, or established: extraordinary costs.

Christians are suppose to be different. We aren’t suppose to do, say, or think in a way that is considered “common or ordinary” in this world. Being different doesn’t happen over night, it happens as we grow in our relationship with God. Just as the berry plant goes through stages, Christians do too. I know that’s kind of a strange way to put it, but it’s just what came to mind at this second.

I thank God for adding the perfect kind of sweetness to my day today by reminding me of these fruits.

In Awe of the Beauty God Has Made,

Shawna


 

 http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/extraordinary

No comments: