shabby background

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Her Journey Home Today

  This morning Aunt Joy’s fight with cancer was over. She stopped breathing here on earth and breathed her next breath in the presence of Jesus. I can only imagine what that moment was like…meeting Jesus face-to-face. She will be missed by so many people here.  We will remember the good times before she was sick, and also the good times when cancer fell upon her earthly body. I am grateful to God for giving us those beautiful memories.

My dad went down to visit her over the weekend, and returned to Knoxville early this morning. My dad has always been such a great comforter to people, so I know his visit to see his sister and mother was all part of God’s plan. I am reminded of verse John 14:15-17 Our hope is that the Holy Spirit who dwells within us will bring comfort during trouble times.

Leaning on the Ever Lasting God,
Shawna


No comments: