shabby background

Friday, December 2, 2011

Priceless Potential for Children- Proud of My 2nd Graders!

For a moment I thought to myself, “Can second graders do a book report or am I asking too much from them? My second thought was something like this, “We should never doubt that a child can do something because if you doubt that a child can do it then they probably won’t-even if they can. If you encourage a child and praise them for their effort they just may surprise you.”
Kids want to know that you are proud of the hard work they did.”
I am an optimistic teacher. I truly believe that given the right environment, with clear directions and a supportive atmosphere, that children will rise to the occasion and learning will be maximized.

Here are just a few of the book reports my 2nd grade students did.Click on the picture to get a better view of their awesome work!

Here are just 4 of them. I have 16 more hanging on my classroom walls.


Book report for a fiction story

-one for non-fiction-

A high expectation for your children (students) to do their personal best naturally creates an atmosphere of accomplishment. These accomplishments or “achievements” may or may not appear as ‘proficient’ or ‘advanced’ on a standardized achievement test, but they will appear as priceless potential in the hearts of our children. I personally believe that “in the heart is where it starts!”

Words to leave you with today.
Remember to praise your children, whether it is your own children or other children in your life-or both. Encourage them, love them, and let them know by your words and actions that you care and are for them. Above all, let them know that love and kindness bring light into this world. After all, our children today are our leaders of tomorrow.

I Thessalonians 5:11 “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up…”

No comments: