shabby background

Monday, December 12, 2011

Visit to the Rheumatologist

I finally went to see a rheumatologist today. A lot of blood work, x-rays, and 3.5 hours later I left feeling very hopeful. So here’s the deal- still no definite diagnosis but she said excellent prognosis. Like my PCP, they still think I have an inflammatory arthritis of some sort- either rheumatoid or post viral. If it's post viral arthritis it can go away for good at some point. Either way, it’s treatable and I don’t have to live with pain everyday or the debilitating flares I’ve had over the last year. The blood work should come back in two weeks and should rule out some other nasty stuff like lupus or Lyme disease. For now, I am feeling better-not without pain trust me.
 I do indeed have much more to SMILE about than to frown about so I gotta keep moving on my toes! God has blessed me abundantly and I’m leaning on Him! I’m so incredibly glad I have an understanding husband-he really takes on a lot when I have these flares- Tim is awesome, if you don’t already know that. ;-)

“Wake up and hold your head up high
Challenge your future to a fight
Open up your hands
No more lonely house of tears
Slam the door on all your fears
They're not welcome here”

No comments: