shabby background

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Egg Free Chocolate Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies



Okay so I really need to blog more…between playing with the kids, laundry, devotional time, work, spending time with Tim, laundry, cleaning dishes, sweeping, cooking, exercising, laundry, and showering (haha! Gotta fit that in right!) I’ve been slacking on the blogging department. I will have to admit that I miss it. I just LOVE writing/blogging-it’s an awesome way to remember our sweet times that become memories too soon. Time is flying by!! Plus it’s just the way I sort my emotions. :-)
Well, I just made the best Egg Free Chocolate Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies with whole wheat flour! So I thought I would post the recipe real quick. Makayla rarely  gets special treats like this because they have to be egg free and because I like foods that are pretty healthy for my kids. Today, she was so excited cause I decided to splurge! Right now I'm watching MG & Jack eat their little cookie, and let me tell you it's so sweet to watch! Hopefully this will help all of us feel better cause we're feeling kinda yucky at our house...ugh. Oh, Oh did I mention that this dough is awesome when frozen (it's safe to eat raw because it's EGG FREE) :-) Enjoy…seriously, mix it, bake it, and sit for 5 minutes and indulge. You won’t regret it.

Much Love,
Shawna

Egg Free Chocolate Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
You can skip the ‘adding the cocoa’ and they’ll be regular chocolate chip cookies. I’ve made them both ways and it’s so good. If I want a batch half and half (like the picture above) then I will just split the cookie batter and add half the cocoa to the one half.

1/2 C Butter (1 stick)
1/3 C Sugar
1/2 C Brown Sugar
1 1/2 C Flour (Whole wheat flour is great too)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3-4 tsp of real cocoa
2 ½  tsp Vanilla (better if you use real vanilla)
3 TBSP Vegetable Oil
1/3 C of whipped cream cheese
Chocolate Chips

Cream together the butter and sugars (usually around 2 to 3 minutes)
Slowly add in Flour, cocoa and baking soda (mix will be dry after this step)
Add in Vanilla and Oil and cream together for another 2 to 3 minutes or until dough consistency. I pat it wil my hands to get it formed into a big ball.
Add cream cheese and cream together for about 15 seconds.
Add Chocolate chips

Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 min max. Leave them on baking sheet for about 5 more minutes then transfer to cooling racks.

icecream topped with cookie dough balls.


Approval from the kiddos!! :-)



No comments: