shabby background

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Poppy Seed Chicken Salad



A few weeks ago I went to lunch with my sister Summer. We ate at the Apple Cake Tea Room in Farragut. It’s one of our favorite places for “girl time”. My favorite dish there is the Tea Room Medley which includes delicious chicken salad with poppy seeds. I was inspired and started my recipe search for this type of chicken salad. I found a great recipe online. The only thing I changed was the mayo. I used egg-free and all natural Vegenaise ®. Rather than using regular bread, which I’m trying to avoid btw, I used Wasa Multigrain Crispbread. the golden raisins added the perfect sweetness. The salad turned out to be a delicious, healthier version of the inspired chicken salad; even the kids gobbled it down. Enjoy!

What You Need
~2 c. cooked chicken I shredded mine
~¼ c. Vegenaise
good squirt Dijon mustard
~1 Tbs. poppy seeds
~1/3 c. celery, small dice
~½ c.golden raisins
salt
black pepper

Directions
After you cook and shred the chicken combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and serve how you wish.

You can find the original recipe here at girlichef.com. <-----for some reason I can't get that link to go to the right page. Anyhow, search Chicken Salad w/ Poppyseeds & Yellow Raisins on the website girlichef.com.

ENJOY!

Shawna

No comments: