shabby background

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

19.5 Weeks Into My "30 Day Challenge"


Okay so I need a new name for my new way of living. It’s not really a “challenge” anymore as just my new way of living. Many people have asked me this week what I’m doing to lose weight. Well, I’m so sorry to disappoint but there is no magic pill and no special drink. I am eating better and exercising 5 days a week. I have not eaten white bread, pasta, or rice in months. I guess some people can eat those things and be okay, but I have figured out that my body does NOT like those things. I have been using The Biggest Loser Cardio Max workout dvd. It has a mix of cardio, resistance, and a bit of yoga. I like the video. I have surpassed my original goal but now I have a new goal. You know I am not one to blurt my “weight” to the whole world so I’m not going to post that. But I will tell you that I have lost 25 pounds! Plus, I’ve lost 26 ½ inches from all over my body (chest, waist, arms, hips, thighs)! It hasn’t happened over night friends-I have been working my butt off…literally. Haha! And just in case you’re thinking you also need to get healthier but don’t think you can-well just give those thoughts a kick in the rear-end. It’s hard for me but I’m doing it….slowly, but surely.

Tim has lost 16 pounds in the last 3 ½ weeks! I know, I know men make me sick-It took me 3 months to lose that much. I’m not giving up and I’m not giving in.

Lately I have seen a lot of FB posts about other people exercising, getting fit, making healthier food choices, and losing weight. Well I want to say “WAY TO GO!” It makes me so happy to read those types of posts, and really encourages me to keep going not matter how hard it is or how tired I am. I definitely need the encouragement. Sometimes I tell Tim to please tell me to exercise on the days I don’t feel like it. It really helps. Okay so that’s enough of that-I just wanted to give an update on my health journey.
This was taken last week & with my cell phone btw


Xoxo,
Shawna

1 comment:

MarathonMom28 said...

So inspiring and so glad you're doing it in such a healthy way! So many people try to find supplemental "easy" ways and the truth is...it just takes time and discipline. Such an awesome role model for your little ones. Looking fantastic hot momma, keep it up!