shabby background

Monday, January 20, 2014

Christmas 2013

I just can't write a lot of detail about Christmas right now because Granny passed away just hours after these pictures were taken. I will say that we had a lovely day. The kids were so excited and there was a lot of energy in the air. I felt a bit anxious the whole day for some reason, but still made sure to capture pictures and tried not to miss a beat. The kids had fun and it really was a wonderful day. I remember having a brief conversation with my dad and sister about how blessed we are that "all" of us were there to celebrate Christmas and you never know what tomorrow holds. Boy, we sure didn't.

Anyhow, this season was filled with so many blessings. Tim and I were able to be faithful stewards of God's blessings, and we experienced the joy of giving in a way that we hadn't in many years. Giving is so much better than receiving. Life is precious and it's such a joy to my heart to help others. More importantly, it's even more awesome when that person said "Thank you!" and I could respond,"Thank God" because He is the true giver. 

Take care of the life you have been given and LOVE on those around you as much as you can. I praise God the Father for sending his Precious Son, Jesus. Our lives are so different now because of Him. 

Merry Christmas & many blessings, 
Shawna
Merry Christmas!

taking pictures with kids! It can only get easier, right?

Family portrait


Silly photo. I love this. Granny is even sticking out her tongue. :-)

Life.Gentleness.Stories Untold.

Ho!Ho!Ho!








No comments: