shabby background

Thursday, September 10, 2009

The day I fell in love again!


I fell in love with Tim 7 years ago, and on June 27th I fell in love all over again...twice! I fell more in love with Tim and I met my beautiful daughter to whom I fell madly in love with. Makayla Grace was born two weeks past her due date. She was born at a very healthy weight of 8 pounds 13 ounces. I knew I would love being a mom, but I didn't know just how that love would feel. It's amazing and it's really hard to describe. Now, let me tell you that the delivery was NOT easy..even with an epidural, which doesn't work for back labor by the way. I was in labor for over 20 hours and ended up needing a c-section. I was so disappointed that I had to have a c-section and my disappointment increased as I realized after coming home from the hospital that c-sections suck...they really are horrible. So as many of you know, pain plus lack of sleep equals a little postpardum blues. Oh no! I mentioned the baby blues...seems like no one really warned me about that and no one seems to talk about it either. ( This is a topic I will write about on my website). Luckily, my baby blues drifted away as Tim and I learned how to work the sleep schedule. Sleep equals a better parent! It may not be the 8 hours I was use to but those 4-5 hours in a row were wonderful! At two months old, Makayla is now sleeping 6 hours a night and it is FAB U LOUS! So anyhow, the day Makayla was born was the day I fell in love again!

No comments: