shabby background

Sunday, September 20, 2009

First Week Back to Work

My first week back to work was how I expected....difficult and exhausting. Each morning as Tim would leave to take MG to Nana's house, I would feel sick to my stomach. Literally, I felt like I was going to vomit, but I never did.  People kept saying, "Don't worry, it will get easier!" That entire statement is just a bit annoying in my opinion. Yes, I will have no choice but to get used to it, but it will never be easy to leave my daughter with someone else. A lady I know went back to work just three weeks after having her baby, some go back in six weeks, and some get the luxury of staying home. Thankfully, I was to able to stay out for 11 weeks with Makayla. It was the most wonderful 11 weeks getting to know my beautiful daughter. She does something new everyday, and she is getting so big so fast. After weeks of staring and smiling at her own feet, she finally found them yesterday! Way to go Makayla! Now, about my week at work. I had more work to catch up on than I had expected. I am a teacher so you can only imagine...well, maybe you can't imagine because most people have no idea the amount of meetings and paperwork that come along with the job. Add that to getting to know my students, giving assessments to find out what they've learned, and smiling at all the other teachers I pass in the hallway, when all I really want to do it catch my breath! Oh and did I mention the fact that I pump  any chance I get? I was super busy and very drained by Friday. In fact, I fell asleep on the couch Friday at 7:30 pm. The fact that I have a job that I enjoy makes this whole transition manageable.  A friend called to check on me and graciously reminded me that God placed me where He wants me. That reminded me once again that it's not all about me. 
I feel so blessed that MG's Nana is taking care of her. You see, if me and Tim have to work, then my mom would be the only other person I would want taking care of my little girl. I sure missed Makayla so much, and I know this week won't be any easier. MG smiled so happily every day when I picked her up. My daughter's smile melts my heart.

No comments: