shabby background

Friday, September 11, 2009

A Friday Afternoon



Today is Friday, but not just any Friday. It's the last Friday before I go back to work. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy my job and I know I was called to be a teacher, but I was also called to be a mom. So Monday will definitely be bitter-sweet for me. Last night I sat on the couch and just cried. I am so afraid that Makayla will feel abandoned and wonder why I'm not with her. Yet in my heart I know she will have fun days full of learning and laughing with her Nana, my mom.  I am trusting God and know that He will help me get through this transition of going back to work. But most of all, I pray that Makayla will have an easy transition and she will know how much I love her! I have been soaking up this extra time with Makayla. I love how we gaze into each others eyes as she drifts off to sleep holding onto my finger. I love the way she smiles and squeals with delight when I tickle her tiny feet. I love kissing her soft,chubby little cheeks. She is Mommy's little angel.



p.s. I found a great website for christian working moms. If you're a working mom, I hope you get a chance to check it out.

No comments: