shabby background

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas

Christmas 2009

Christmas was so wonderful this year! We went to church on Christmas Eve and enjoyed a wonderful candle light service. It is ever so important to remember that Christ is the reason we celebrate Christmas. Afterwards, we went to Wasabi and ate some very yummy chicken and fried rice. This has been one of my favorite dishes ever since a friend  made it for us after Makayla was born. I spent awhile wrapping presents for our families (moms, dads, sisters, etc..). For some reason, I've made it a tradition to wrap the presents on Christmas Eve. That tradition may soon be changing. I had planned on making a big pancake breakfast on Christmas morning, but we never got a chance to stop by the grocery store. So basically I had a cup of coffee, and we ate nothing. Next year I will do better (maybe)! We happily watched Makayla play with some of her new toys. To our suprise she was quite interested and excited about them. Tim and I were excited watching Makayla see her new toys for the first time. The eyes of a child are so sweet and enthusiastic. A child is a true miracle from God.
Later, we went to my parents house and ate a delicious lunch. Thanks Mom and Summer! They are definitely the "cooks" in the family. (I try) Jazz and Rose came along with us. The poodles get super excited when they go over to their Nana and Papaw's house. That evening, we stopped by Tim's parents house to visit for awhile.
 It was a very long day full of happiness, food, family, love, joy, remembrance, celebration, and a few sarcastic comments (hey, it's gonna happen when you get family together, right?). It was our first Christmas as a family of three! I will have to say that so much has changed in my life since last Christmas. Last Christmas, I was 15 weeks pregnant and so excited to meet our little baby. This year, I am a mom. Being a mom is the best gift I've ever been given. I love Makayla so much more than any words can express. I thank God for this little angel He has entrusted me with and pray that I become a better mom each day.


My sweet baby girl!
Makayla likes Santa!
Makayla with her new toy puppy
Makayla and Daddy

Makayla and Mommy
Merry Christmas from the Finstad family!

No comments: