shabby background

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Makayla at 6 months old



Makayla Grace at 6 months old… 

Makayla moves around by a combo of rolling, spinning on her belly, and occasionally pushing off with one leg. She gets really frustrated when I place a toy out of reach to encourage her to crawl.  She’s quite a babbler. She enjoys blowing raspberries constantly. And she loves to talk (babble) to people on the phone. She looks for stuff that falls on the floor. Makayla absolutely loves her Bright Starts Pretty In Pink Activity Jumper! She jumps, jumps, jumps with delightful screams of joy and bright blue eyes. She sat up for by herself on November 14th. She is still working on sitting up from the laying down position. She is trying really hard. =) What a joy she is! 

Makayla recently started sleeping on her tummy at night, which has been a big transition for me. She like to sleep face down in the mattress. Now, many of you that truly know me, know that freaks me out. I decided to pinch my pennies and purchased the Angelcare Movement Sensor Monitor. It monitors every movement (breathing). Of course, some nights I lie in bed for hours just listening to the ‘beeps’. I didn’t get much sleep for about a week, but last night she slept pretty good…which means Tim and I slept good as well. Yay!
                                                                                                         Now on with the food conversation! Makayla loves her solids. Somehow I got stuck on making her sweet potatoes and rice cereal, and neglected to move on to anything else. Shame on me for not giving her variety. Per her pediatrician she needs to start meats already. What??? I haven't even gotten to fruit...lol. Makayla is still in the 95th percentile for weight so she is doing great! Yes, I'm still breastfeeding. I've not really decided when I'm going to wean her yet. My goal was 6 months and I did it! Yay for me! Yay for my baby girl! I might try to go for a full year. It would be a lot easier if I was a sahm. We go on January 11th for Makayla’s 6 month appointment! It’s amazing how time flies when you’re having fun!


No comments: