shabby background

Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 Resolutions

As I embark on this continuous journey in 2010 I am embracing God's incredible love. I resolve to be more patient, more loving, more compassionate, less bossy, to cook more, not take things too seriously, to trust better, to listen rather than speak, to devote more time to God and His Word, to worry less, to eat less (lol), to lose weight, to read more, to wash my car, to make more friends, to pray more, to plan better, to spend more quality time with my family, to be a better wife and mom, to laugh more often, and to realize more each day that God is for me.

I haven’t been a blogger for very long, so I still consider myself a newbie to it. Honestly, I’m not even sure if anyone at all reads my blog page, but I still want to write it. I enjoy taking the time to think about special moments and capture them in writing (or typing). This year, 2010, I am resolving to slow down and enjoy every single moment. I am reminded of the most important things in my life; God, Tim & Makayla, family, friends, and my job. Basically in that order. This blog is about my journey in life as a mom, a wife, and a follower of Jesus Christ.

A little about me…
  I am first and foremost a follower of Jesus Christ. He is my joy and inspiration, and the reason I am here. God has blessed me with two incredible gifts; my loving husband, Tim, and our beautiful daughter, Makayla. Tim is a very loving and supportive husband with compassion for others that I wish every man had. He is the love of my life and my very best friend. He gets me and loves me unconditionally…no matter how hard that may be sometimes. Makayla is such a sweet baby, with giggles and grins that always light up the room. She is a gift from God! She has opened my eyes to the tiny miracles and inspirations around me,that I often fail to see. My journey hasn’t always been an easy one, but I am learning so much along the way. Please join me as I continue this journey as a wife, a mom, and a follower of Jesus Christ.

God Bless,
Shawna

No comments: