shabby background

Friday, January 29, 2010

All Those Things

 There was some worry that I had an appendicitis so I was sent to the hospital for a ct scan this week. I couldn't help but think how completely inconvenient it would be if I had to have any kind of surgery. I am a wife, a mom, and a full-time teacher. The funny part is that I said to Tim, " I really hope I don't need surgery because I have my last evaluation at work Monday. I don't want to be in pain while I'm teaching!" Tim told me that I was nuts. Later, I realized how silly I must have sounded. So many other thoughts raced through my mind:  Would I be able to hold MG, give her a bath, feed her, wash the laundry, clean the dishes, play with the dogs, cook dinner for Tim?? Wait a minute...my cooking usually consist of popping something in the oven and I could still do that. Anyhow, I did not have an appendicitis. All those little things that make me tired sometimes are really things I welcome everyday. I love every moment I can do something for someone I care about. I thank God for all the blessings in my life.

p.s.    My CT scan did find cysts on my right ovary and inside my kidney, cervix, and uterus. This could be causing my pain. However, my pcp doesn't think these are a real concern considering all my blood work is okay. The cysts should go away on their own in 1-3 months.

God Bless,
Shawna

No comments: