shabby background

Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Attempt to Get Fit Has Begun...

So I’m not so fond of exercising mainly because I don’t like sweating. I wasn’t always like that, in fact, I use to really enjoy running and would run about 3 miles every day. However, between my college years and working in too many call centers sitting on my rear-end, I became a little sedentary. However, I heard a message from Elizabeth George on the radio a few weeks ago that motivated me to get in shape (along with some other reasons). The way we manage our bodies affects our quality of life.

But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified. 1 Corinthians 9:27

After meditating on some important factors I told myself I was going to exercise. Today I finished day 14 of my exercise program. I do a 45 minute workout followed by a 1.5 mile walk. I do this 6 days a week and take 1 day to rest. I wasn’t sure how in the world I would fit a work-out into my day, but somehow Tim and I have figured out a schedule that works for us. Wish me luck because this has been tough…lol. So far, I have lost 0 pounds! That’s right, none at all, but I’m building some muscle and feel better overall. I know this has to be doing some good on the inside. I’m going to do my best to stick to it. There have been many days I just wanted to come home a sit on the couch, but instead I chose to push the ‘play’ button. It’s all about a choice. My choice.

I really look forward to our family evening walk. It is the perfect time for Tim and I to talk about how our day went. There are no distractions such as the TV, computer, video games, or cell phones. Makayla loves riding around the neighborhood in the stroller. She kicks her feet up, leans back, and gets ready for the ride. She is so cute! We also get a chance to chat with our lovely neighbors, and boy do we have great neighbors.

So, just when I thought I didn’t have time to help myself to help my future, God made a way. Isn’t He Great!

God Bless,
Shawna

No comments: