shabby background

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother’s Day 2011


Will someone please tell me how we can get ready and leave on time to church?! Seriously, it seems like Sunday mornings can be so hectic. So this morning I woke up at 6:30 thinking that would give me plenty of time to get everything done that needed to be done. Hey I even wrote a workout into my schedule. But you know what? Ten minutes into my workout Jackson and MG woke up and new duties became priority. Haha! Yes it can get stressful when we have to be somewhere at a certain time, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Even if I would’ve woken up at 5 o’clock we would’ve still managed to be in a rush. Fast Forward…………We got to church on time, but where in the world were my parents, Tim’s parents, my sisters?? “Hello we have a baby dedication today and I want you all to sit up front. We have a right to run late we have 2 little ones, but everyone else should be on time.” Are you hearing my sarcasm. Unfortunately that was my attitude. Jackson’s dedication was beautiful though. You can read about that in my other blog entry. The only negative there was that my camera battery was exhausted. Now seriously when does a battery have the right to be exhausted? All it does is sit around. HAHA! Fast Forward…we went to Aubrey’s for lunch. We had reservations so we should’ve got seated right away. Yeah right! We waited 30 minutes before having to be seated in separate booths. That was a huge bummer. Then our waiter was…how should I say this…she wasn’t a good waiter. It took another 30 minutes after being seated before  she took our order. Needless to say we were there for 2 hours and had horrible service, we were half-way outside and the air was off…we were sweaty and hungry and 2 huge flies kept buzzing around us. So that kinda put me and Tim in a bad mood. Guess I need to get honest and say we didn’t do things how we should have. I got a little grumpy. Fast Forward…at the parents house to celebrate Mother’s Day and Jackson’s baby dedication. Summer made a beautiful cake. Thanks sis! We made pictures, hung out outside, and acted silly with my mom and my sisters. Well, overall it was a great day. My gift today…my 2 kids! I mean seriously MG and Jackson are the best gifts ever! I have a great family!

Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there reading this! Especially to my mom who I know is reading this. Mom, you are a shining example of a mom. You know all these little things that I’m just learning: how to cook a delicious dinner, how to get stains out of clothes, how to take care of little ones AND keep the house clean. It might have taken being a mom myself to realize what a hard job it was raising us kids, but you and dad did a great job. I love you always Mama! :-)









No comments: