shabby background

Saturday, September 10, 2011

What’s Up With the Finstad’s?

We have been a little too busy lately, but that’s very typical every year when August hits. August is “Mommy Goes Back to Work Month”…haha! No really it’s like every routine I’ve worked on and mastered during the summer gets thrown under the bus. Man it really sucks and I will never get use to that. Tim and I have been in prayer over a lot of important decisions lately. While I might not mention them on my blog, I will ask for friends and family to pray for us as we seek to follow God’s direction, and to see the path God has laid before us. We whole-heartedly want to do what is right for our family, and especially our children. Children are like sponges; they soak in everything they are taught. My opinion is that these early years shape and mold them into who they become as tiny individuals. We recently started going to a class at church on Wednesday nights; Intentional Christian Parenting. It is exciting to dig into scripture and specifically search for answers on parenting. Being a mom is hard work…really hard work. It is also the biggest blessing I have so graciously received.
Tim has been working hard and has finally recovered from a shoulder injury he got a few months ago. I think it’s time for him to start mowing the grass again. Yay! Tim is in his 4th semester at Western Governors University, and is working hard for his degree. He is so smart and I admire him for his hard work and dedication to our family.
Makayla and Jackson are getting so big, so fast. Makayla is already wearing a toddler size 7 in shoes. We joke that she has her daddy’s feet, but that’s okay. She is at the stage of learning ways to express her emotion so it has been a learning experience for all of us. What I can say is that our daughter has excellent manners and listens to us most of the time. In fact, I think some older kids I know could learn a few tips from her. She is a beautiful child who more importantly has a beautiful heart. Jackson has mastered crawling and pulling up. It’s only a matter of time before he ventures out, with one foot in front of the other. He will be 8 months old in a few days, which means he is only 4 months away from his 1st birthday! Time is flying by and I’m so glad we are treasuring these precious moments. The kids go stay with their Nana during the day while Tim and I are working. They are learning so much over there while getting lots of love from their Nana. We are so thankful that they are able to stay there.
Well, I have a lot of other updates to write about as well. But I’m going put those in another blog entry; this one is already long enough. So to all my friends and family that have been wondering what we’ve been up to, there you have it in 519 words.

No comments: