shabby background

Thursday, January 12, 2012

To Jackson: A Letter from Mommy


Dear Jackson, 
A year ago today I held you in my arms for the first time, though I’ve held you in my heart longer. You have changed so much over the last year, and I’ve taken plenty of pictures to prove it. Holding you, playing with you, kissing you, and snuggling with you have been some of my favorite times over the last year. I have loved watching you grow from your first smile to your first word and to your first steps. You amaze me with your sweet and sensitive personality. You have sweet giggles and a great need for mommy and daddy. But you have also discovered some independence! You proudly reach for your toys, climb everything in sight, and discover new ways to keep our attention. You also have a bit of roughness; you like to tumble around and climb everything. I imagine you climbing trees and playing in the mud when you’re a little older. You melt my heart when you lay your head on my chest and fall asleep-the sound of you breathing is so peaceful. You are mommy’s little koala bear-you love to hold on tight to me! Sometimes you hold onto my leg so that I can’t walk far without you….but I don’t mind. You are truly a gift from above and I thank God for you…for your uniqueness, your sweetness, your roughness, your giggles, your happiness, your fussiness, your messiness…I thank God for all of you! I never thought I would be so blessed to have a son as special as you Jackson-you are mommy’s favorite little boy and I pray that I will always be the mother God intended me to be for you, and that you will love the Lord from a young age and always follow Him. I love you Jackson Ryan-you make my heart sing colors of happiness.

Happy Birthday Little Jack! :-)

Hugs & Kisses,
Mommy  

No comments: