shabby background

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Jackson's 1st Birthday!


We celebrated Jackson’s birthday twice this week! His birthday was actually on Thursday but since that fell in the middle of the week we decided to have his party on Saturday. But we still took him out to eat for dinner on Thursday-we had a good time spending quality family time together and reminiscing over Jackson’s birth day a year ago…what a great day that was-gosh it seems like just yesterday, but our baby boy is now a little boy.
at the house & out to eat Mexican food!
Jackson’s birthday party was a lot fun, and I’m pretty sure he loved all the special attention he got from everyone. Aunt Summer was called to make another yummy cake for another fun celebration. I tried making cake balls with my new cake ball maker-it was fun and they were actually pretty good. I used bananas in the batter instead of eggs (MG can’t eat eggs) and they ended up tasting like banana cake…yum. Jackson’s got several new trucks that he’ll love playing with, and some new clothes that he needed.

I was quite amused at Jackson’s taste-testing techniques-he was so unsure about that cake: the texture, the sweetness, the color…I don’t know but he finally ate some and then had a burst of energy for the next 2 hours. He loved visiting with his extended family and gave everyone hugs. The only problem-I have 245 pictures from his party and it’s so hard to just pick a few to post on my blog! :-)
finally got a hold of the cake
http://summerscakeplace.blogspot.com/


Jackson loves his Aunt Summer!
pausing for a nap

Jackson with his friends Abigail and Chloe




Big sister Makayla is checking things out.
handsome smile


I think he likes it! :-)



a kiss from Grandad

fun with Nana- he looks so big here!

Jackson with Aunt Summer and Uncle Joe Joe

no party is complete without a little meltdown :-)

Jackson with Grandma and Grandpa

fun times



 
See, I told you I had a lot of pictures to share! I think Jackson had a very fun birthday party! He is the sweetest boy on the planet and I feel so truly blessed to be his mommy.

Shawna

No comments: