shabby background

Friday, January 20, 2012

Follow-up with the Rheumatologist

A while back I posted about going to see the rheumatologist about pain I’ve had on and off for almost a year now. A week ago I went back to the rheumatologist for my follow-up appointment, and to go over all my lab work. Unfortunately and fortunately I was in a lot of pain at my visit so she was able to see my “flare” in action. Her words, “You look awful.” Well to make this post shorter than it could be I will get to the point. After almost a year of pain I was finally diagnosed with arthritis. It’s not really a surprise to me at all since I had the signs….let’s just say I am my own health advocate-actually we all should be. So I have rheumatoid arthritis and I’m glad to finally start the proper treatment plan. If you’re interested in reading about it you can find info all over the web; one well respected website is the Arthritis Foundation http://www.arthritis.org/types-what-is-rheumatoid-arthritis.php

Hoping to kick this into remission quickly!  
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Shawna

No comments: