shabby background

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Celebrating Makayla’s 3rd Birthday


Sweet*Sweet Girl...she loved her "tattoo"

Makayla’s 3rd birthday party was on the hottest day of the year…okay actually it made the record book in Knoxville. I think maybe 107 degrees. Good grief it was hot and I’m so glad we planned an indoor party this year. We opted for a family get-together and boy was it a fun day for everyone, especially our birthday girl. Several months ago I asked her what kind of party she wanted. Her response, “I want a Strawberry Shortcake birthday party.” So Strawberry it was. We got her a Strawberry Shortcake bicycle which brought back fond memories of getting my own Strawberry Shortcake bike as a kid. I loved that bike, and Makayla really likes hers too. My favorite part of the day was just watching her smile. Makayla’s smiles and energetic personality always light up the room.

Happy Birthday Makayla Grace! We Love You More Than You Know!
Quick picture with Mommy

You know what she's thinking..."let me eat already!"




First glimpse at her new bike. Do you think she was excited? :-)


running...she can't wait.

What a big girl!


Picture with Nana & Grandad

swinging with Uncle Joe & Aunt Summer

Hanging with sweet friend Chloe

Grandpa, Grandma, Great Grandma, & Jackson stopping for a picture with the birthday girl!

Add caption

Doing good with Aunt April's help.

Playing with friend Abigail.

Chilling with my little brother Jackson.

 Wow, it seems like just yesterday she was a newborn and now she is three. As a mom there is nothing greater than seeing your child grow, and grow in many different ways. Makayla has not only grown upwards (she's 39 inches tall!) but she's also grown as a daughter, a sister, a grandchild, a niece, and as a child of God. The sweetest moments take place when we are talking about Jesus or praying together. Being a mom is not what I expected....it is so much MORE! It's the BEST! :-)

Cheers & joy,
Shawna

No comments: