shabby background

Friday, April 2, 2010

Craving More of a Servant’s Heart


As I watched Tim mow our neighbors yard the other day, I began to think about what a servant’s heart really is. It’s about showing Christ’s love through your actions and words. It’s about touching the lives of those around you with a gentle kindness. It’s helping that person with a need; God put that person right in front of you for a purpose…to serve them.  The Bible tells us that Jesus served ordinary people; He changed their ordinary lives, and sacrificed His time on earth to save us. Matthew 20:28 says, "…The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." Jesus is the ultimate example of a man who desired to serve others. He did everyday jobs that were commonly left to the servants, like washing feet. John 13:5 describes an event where Jesus served His disciples: "After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him." On this Good Friday afternoon, I meditate on the life of Jesus, and pray that I will have more of a servant’s heart for people; those in my everyday life and the ones who ever-so-quietly cross my path. This is not for my glory, but for the Lord’s glory; not only for what He has done for me, but what He has done within me.

God Bless,
Shawna

No comments: