shabby background

Friday, April 2, 2010

A Simple Conversation

Yesterday I was so excited to get my Shutterfly photobook in the mail, only to find it was damaged during shipment. I called Shutterfly and ended up speaking with a kind man named Mike. Mike’s real name is Ameesh, and he lives in India. We had a little chat about the weather, and then I asked him if he had to work tomorrow since it was Good Friday (there are Christians who live in India). This was his response, “There are many different religions here in India. We do have some Christians and we try to let them have the day off. If you ever come to India, we can show you all the different religions and what we believe. We have many festivals.” I knew right away that Ameesh was not a Christian. Ameesh was done with the new order and was ready to take another call; our conversation ended as quickly as it had begun. The simple conversation got me thinking about just how many opportunities I have to share The Gospel every single day. It might be a phone call like the one with Ameesh, it may be a chat with a neighbor as I’m out for a walk, in the line at the grocery store, at the gas station, or even with the waiter at the restaurant. Do I always take that opportunity? The answer is sadly “no”. Not because I don’t want to, but usually because I don’t make time to; I may be in a rush or just focused on what needs to be done at that given minute. While my personal relationship with God is a priority, I need to rearrange my thinking to make expanding God’s Kingdom a priority in my life.  I heard a great saying on the radio which said, “God instructs us to be fishers of men. If we catch them, He will clean them.” 



In Awe of God’s Love and Mercy,
Shawna 

No comments: