shabby background

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Makayla’s 1st Birthday!


 HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAKAYLA

Makayla seemed to love all the attention she got on her first birthday, and of course she deserved every bit of attention she got that day and everyday! I started the special day by making MG one of her favorite breakfasts: toast, fresh fruit, and milk! She gobbled it down and then we went to church.

Makayla’s birthday party was so much fun! The bright balloons, the perfect cake, family and friends, the yummy punch, smiles and laughs, and the thoughtful gifts were all to celebrate Makayla’s 1st birthday. One very special treat was that my Granny (MG’s Great-Granny) and my Aunt Joy came all the way from Florida especially for Makayla’s birthday! What a treat! It was so much fun watching MG dig into her birthday cake for the first time. At one point, she picked up the entire cake and took a bite out of it. Too funny!

It seems like just yesterday we were welcoming our little bundle of joy into our family. This past year has gone by faster than any other year in my life. I wonder if every year from now on will feel that way. I look forward to seeing what this next year has in store for our family! I will cherish all these moments in my heart forever. I hope Makayla will look back at the pictures of her 1st birthday one day, and see just how much she is loved and cherished!

Feeling like a proud momma, 
Shawna =)

It's Elmo! 

Wow, MG's cake was as big as her! It was very delicious.Thanks sis!

 We were definitely anticipating Makayla eating her cake.

 MG ate that sugar up! 

So excited to play with one of her new toys!

Having fun!



No comments: